Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cilantro and Kale

I spent about 45 minutes in the garden today.  I'm always amazed at how warm it is there in the sunshine once you start working.  It was a leaf day so I planted 4 rows of cilantro in one of the beds and a flat of kale in the greenhouse.  You can see the end of the bed where the cilantro went in below.



I also spent some time weeding the sorrel bed.  Winter weeding is so nice.  You feel like what you are doing will actually stay done for a while.  The beds are so much easier to weed this year than they have been in years past as well.  Dare I say I think we've just about got the mugwort beat?  I saw a few sprouts mixed in with the sorrel and found a few long roots, but nothing like the amazing tangle of cords that we used to find when trying to rid the beds of mugwort.

No comments:

Post a Comment